Monday, May 07, 2012

A Girl's Only Weekend..

Emilia and I made an impromptu trip to the St. Augustine house to see my mom.  She was there for a week and with her being so close I decided to just go and visit her.  It was a tough decision for me as Armando had soccer tournaments that weekend for the State Playoffs the following week and I wanted to be there to support him.

But I had to see my mom.. So Will had a boy's only weekend and I had the Girls only one.

Here are some highlights from that weekend.  We met up with my Big Brother Stephen (who is also the guest museum curator for his display at the MOSH museum in JAx..http://www.themosh.org/victory.html )

My brother was a participant in Ve-Day remembrance gathering to celebrate the 67th Anniversary of the Allied victory in Eurpoe at the St. Augustine Fountain of youth so it was a great time to spend time with him. It was a great experience for Em to as she was exposed to history amongst people who loved it.

here are some pics of that great event:
Stephen, Mom and Emilia

Stephen and my mom (boy she looks more and more like her mom every tiime I see her)

 Stephen and his buddy Dan. 

 Emilia filling out her rations card. 

 Stephen and Dan talking to a War Veteran Mario. 

I simply loved her look.. such a classic timeless look.

Mr. Dan in front of his 1941 jeep. 
 Another pic of a lady dressed in the era's clothing. She was fun to talk with.

A 3-Star General's Dodge?


OH.. and did I mention the peacocks at the park?  Holy Cow.. there are over 90 of them roaming free.  They even ate out of Em's hands.  I will share those pics in another post, I took over 300 pictures of the peacocks alone! They are simply gorgeous.

Thanks for stopping by!  I'll share more soon!

=) Kristina