Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life has been hectic ...

When life gets hectic I always find that my personal blog is the thing that suffers the most.

Since my last post, the kids have finished school... Armando is an 8th grader, Giovanni a 7th grader and Emilia is officially a 1st grader!  Where has the time gone!

I am so proud of the boys, as they finished the year with Honors - Straight A's & B's.  They worked very hard this year and their hard work shows.

Armando finished up his season of C2 Soccer. They advanced into the State Finals but didn't progress any further.  We had some very talented players and it's sad to see the season end.

Giovanni is completely healed from his surgery and all is well with his mouth. Now we just have to wait to see how his teeth naturally align to determine if braces are in the future or not.

Emilia lost 2 teeth in a matter of 2 days.  Her top left front and one that is on the side bottom left. When she talks she she is making a  "SHP" sound... when she is upset and trying to vocalize her frustration it takes a strong hold of self control on my part not to giggle, run to get the video camera and record.  It's so cute.. almost like Elmer Fudd.

OH.. and I almost forgot Reina.. the puppy that is lucky to be alive after I found her making my reading glasses her new chew toy.  She has never destroyed anything of great value.. some kids toys here and there but she always kept herself entertained with her toys. She is now 7 months old and we have had her for 4 months and this was really the first time I recall being spitting mad at her.  She has house trained wonderfully and always goes to the door and barks.  She is a great puppy and my $300 glasses will just have to be a lesson to me to make sure they don't fall off my nightstand.  (but wow.. such an expensive lesson)

As a family unit, we are doing well.  Knock on wood that everyone is healthy. We have hit summer full blast.  Not only are the kids home and enjoying the freedom, it seems like it has gotten hotter than Hades too early in the season.  We have 93+ days for the better part of the week with 80+% humidity.  It's brutal.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, Will and I gave the front yard landscaping a facelift and overhaul.  We haven't touched it (other than basic weeding) since we moved in in Dec 2010.  It was time for a revamp.  The bushes the landscapers planted were all wrong for the space and started growing out of control.  We snipped them back, replaced the mulch, added edging stones and replanted some of the flowers.  We didn't add any fresh flowers or color to the mix, we will do that next year after I actually planned for it.

We are in the midst of planning our first family vacation for the end of June.  I wouldn't really call it a vacation per say. There aren't any amusement parks,  mouse houses or water rides in our plans.  We choose to take our vacations to spend time with much missed family 1,200 + miles away.  We haven't seen most of our families in over 2 years.  I can not wait to see them all. I miss our families so very much. We have lived away from them for so many years that one would think that missing them wouldn't be as much.. but daily there is a reminder of how much they are missed and how lonely it is w/o them.  Definitely a void missing in our lives.

I'm out of time for now.. if your interested you can check out why I have been away for the past few weeks. I've been working on promoting a new lil notebook I created and then writing all about it here: Let It Shine Design Blogger Page. 

Love & Light!
=) Kristina

as promised.. some recent pics:


Em's last day of school before her Graduation Program.

Em feeding the white peacock at the Fountain of Youth Park in St. Augustine Fl. 

My  after Armando's birthday celebration.